BADGER WOODTURNERS PURPOSE
The purpose of Badger Woodturners, is to bring together people from all backgrounds to enjoy and learn the art/craft of wood turning. Whether the individual is a hobbyist, part-timer or professional turner, all are welcomed. The Badger Woodturners goal is to meet once a month to share ideas and conduct demonstrations on wood turning techniques.
ABOUT BADGER WOODTURNERS
Badger Woodturners (BWT) was formed early in 2000 and its primary purposes are consistent with the fundamental purposes of AAW, “to provide information, education and organization to those interested in turning wood.” BWT is a not-for-profit organization whose membership is primarily drawn from southern Wisconsin. Some of the club benefits are;
- To provide a meeting location for woodturners.
- To share ideas regarding woodturning including lathes, tools, turning materials, turning techniques, and design of turned objects.
- To exchange wood and other woodturning materials.
- We hold a woodturning demonstration at the monthly meeting.
- The club has an extensive library with books, DVD's, VHS tapes, and tools to check out.
- We keep our members informed about activities of interest to woodturning.
- Promote woodturning as an art form and craft.
- We bring in well known woodturners for demonstrations and hands-on classes.
- We have very nice list of Mentors that are all willing to help with just about any kind of turning you want help with.
The Badger Woodturners club meets the first Tuesday of each Month at the Madison West High School shop located at;
30 Ash Street
Madison, WI 53726
Shop is located at the back of the school near the football field.
- Club E-Mail: President@badgerwoodturners.org Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have about the club.
- Guests are welcome to attend a meeting at no charge to find out the benefits of membership. We encourage guests to join at the end of their second meeting.
- Everyone is welcome to join; dues are only $30.00 a year.